I would advise you to update the firmware and reset the Smart Hub on your TV. I have provided the instructions for this below:
Smart Hub reset:
Smart Hub Reset:
-Smart Hub Reset
If you have not set your own pin, the default pin is 0000.
The firmware will not update if you are not on the TV source when attempting an upgrade, if the Smart Hub is open, or if the firmware version is already the latest.
For convenience, we do endeavour to make firmware updates available either By Online or By Channel updating whenever possible. However, due to the nature and size of some recent updates, they may not currently available via By Online updating, and must be applied via USB upgrade instead.
Check for availability of an online update by exiting the Smart Hub, ensuring you are on the TV source (on your remote press SOURCE and select TV) and then enter Menu > Support > Software Upgrade and select By Online.
Alternatively, please check the current firmware or software version of the TV via Menu > Support > Contact Samsung. If the unit is not currently running the latest version available for your model (as listed at the link below) then follow the upgrade process via USB, for which I have provided instructions below:
Please go to:http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/m...
- Click the .ZIP, .RAR or .EXE icon to download the upgrade file from the link above, under the Downloads > Firmware tab
- When the download commences, click ‘Run’
- The extraction utility will give you the option to ‘Extract’ when the download is complete.
Save this extracted file onto a blank USB pen (memory stick) - ensure that it is the only file on the pen and that it has not even accidentally been duplicated. Also do not alter the file – this includes changing the file name in any way – or the system will not be able to read the upgrade file.
- Press SOURCE on the TV remote and select ‘TV’ from the source list
- Ensure the Smart Hub has been closed before trying the update
- Put the USB pen into the USB slot on the unit
- The unit may take up to a minute to recognise and load the media
- Once the unit has read the USB stick, the upgrade programme will run automatically
- If not, please enter the Menu and select Support > Software Upgrade > By USB
- The unit may reboot (turn itself off and on) as it applies the upgrade
- An onscreen message will advise you when the process is complete, and only then can you safely remove the USB from the device.
NOTE: DO NOT REMOVE THE USB PEN OR TURN THE UNIT OFF WHILE AN UPGRADE IS IN PROGRESS, AS THIS MAY PERMANENTLY DAMAGE THE UNIT AND THIS IS NOT COVERED BY SAMSUNG WARRANTY.
I hope this information has been helpful to you.http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/m...
answered 2 years, 6 months ago